Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Michael Pollan lecture

For those in the Providence area:

Michael Pollan, author of The Botany of Desire, The Omnivore's Dilemma, and In Defense of Food, will be speaking at Brown tomorrow night (Thursday, Feb. 21) at 6pm.

I recently read The Omnivore's Dilemma which I found outstanding. It was well-written, entertaining, and educational. I was particularly shocked about what I learned concerning the corn industry. Though I was already a aligned with the organic, hormone-free, antibiotic-free, locally-grown, free-range ideals, this book helped focus my energy on realizing some of them better. If his writing is any indication of his speaking ability, this should be an excellent lecture.

I'm planning on being there and then probably heading out for some "Green Drinks" at Nick-a-Nee's afterwards.

No comments: