Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Darwin Day!!

Charles Darwin was born this day in 1809 in Shrewsbury, England.

Coincidently, I grew up in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. I wonder if my home town has a Darwin Day parade? I'll have to look into it for next year's Darwin bicentennial and see if I can't organize a town-wide celebration. Shrewsbury, MA after all is no stranger to revolutionary science - it's home to the Worcester Foundation for Experimental Biology Biomedical Research - birthplace of "the Pill" and early work on in vitro fertilization.

Anyways, go spend part of your Darwin Day over at the Guardian's (UK) online treasure trove of all things Darwinian.

Also, if you don't have enough to read these days, you can check out (almost) all of Darwin's publications online.

(note: the image above is from here)

No comments: