Saturday, March 03, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth


I finally saw An Inconvenient Truth last night. I thought it was very well done and if you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend that you do, especially if you don't know too much about the causes and effects of global climate change. The message is good and clear, the visuals are impressive, Al Gore is at his best, and even the music is well done. I've seen and read about all the data before, but Al Gore does an excellent job of presenting them in a user-friendly, yet not dumbed-down way. Americans have for too long now been wavering on the topic of global warming - is it real? are we really the cause? what could possibly happen if it gets a little warmer? Well: yes, yes, and a lot. It is time we all took a long hard look at ourselves and the way we live and make some changes.

I'll get off my soap box now. Seriously though, go rent this movie. And check out the website:

An Inconvenient Truth



No comments: