Friday, March 09, 2007

Evolution essay contest - win $300

I'm a bit late finding this out, but the Alliance for Science is holding an essay contest for high school students. First prize is $300. The topic of the essay is: "Why would I want my doctor to have studied evolution?" and it is due March 31st.

Details can be found here

At first glance this seems like a silly question, but you would be amazed at the number of doctors who are "anti-evolution". I'm amazed that there are any at all. A good summary of physicians vs. evolution can be found here

I know March 31st is approaching quickly and that you have plenty of things on your plate, but I also thought you might like to know about a chance to use your knowledge of evolution to win $300. Let me know if anyone decides to enter the contest.

No comments: