Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Friday Dial Stopper - late edition

While embroiled in the Great Invertebrate War of 2008, I seem to have forgotten about the Friday Dial Stopper last week. That just won't do. Especially since this last week's dial stopper is more than just a dial stopper - it's the epitome of an entire generation, it defines a genre and changed the direction of music. It would have been a shame to let such an important piece of music slip by, so instead I give you this late edition of FDS.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

More like the epitome of a five-year window where a bunch of fed-up Xers who couldn't find a post-college job thanks to the recession caused by their self-centered boomer parents relentless/soulless chase for personal wealth during the Gordon Gecko salad days of the 80's told everyone to kiss their collective asses.

That or a natural backlash to hair metal. Your choice.

Unknown said...

I'm still confused...is the epitome of an entire generation Nirvana or Weird Al? I, being from that generation, would identify more with Weird Al.

Jim Lemire said...

Dave, it's an April Fools Day joke - get it? Let me explain...no, there is too much...let me sum up...I make it sound like Nirvana, the video looks like it's going to be Nirvana, but in the end it's Weird Al, April Fools! Ok?

Unknown said...

oh...OH...I always forget about April Fools till it's too late. You got one on me.