Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's not about helping those in need...

See, no good deed goes unrewarded.

I was part of the movement that managed to stop Craig from blathering ad nauseum about the need for science supplies in our kids' classrooms (I mean, 'our kids' as in 'the school children of the United States', not as in 'Craig and I are raising kids together', though I am sure Craig and I would do a top-notch job of it). Apparently, the overlords at Seed agreed that shutting Craig up was a good thing too, and have rewarded my efforts with a brand new t-shirt. Though to avoid any controversy, they're calling it a randomly drawn "prize":

Hi there,

Congratulations! You've won a prize in the ScienceBlogs DonorsChoose Challenge Contest.

Your generous donation has helped to increase science literacy in a public school classroom. As if that weren't reward enough, you're soon to be the proud owner of a

Seed Hearts Threadless tee shirt (http://www.threadless.com/product/892/Playground_Love),

courtesy of Seed.

To claim your prize, please send a valid mailing address (and, if you've won a 'Seed Hearts Threadless' shirt, your tee shirt size and gender – S/M/L/XL, guy's style or girl's style). We will pack up your winnings and get them to you shortly.

If you've won a Seed subscription and would like to send it to someone else as a gift, that can be arranged; just send us the giftee's name and address.

Thanks again for reading ScienceBlogs and giving to DonorsChoose through our blogger challenges. You're wonderful.

Best wishes,

The Seed Team


The t-shirt has a cool design, but (and I hate to sound ungrateful) it's yellow. Banana yellow. Yellow is right up near the top of the list of colors I do not wear. It's a fine color. Just not on me.

But, damn it, I won it. So damn it, I'm wearing it.

It's not about the charity, it's about the loot.

No comments: