Thursday, July 17, 2008

My inner fish

(hat tip to Peter "Hammerhead" Etnoyer over at Deep Sea News)

I played the fish game and based on the results of the quiz, the fish I am closest to is a Swordfish!

According to the site I am a large and powerful migratory fish that can be found in oceanic regions worldwide, including the Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian Oceans. I am cold blooded and have special organs next to my eyes that warm my brain and eyes to improve my vision. I am often identified by my sword, a long flat bill that helps me swim faster, hunt for food, and defend myself. I can weigh as much as 1400lbs, eat mostly squid, fish, and crustaceans and use my sword-like bill by stunning my prey. I prefer to swim and hunt alone.

I was once a very popular restaurant entrée, served at restaurants around the world. While chefs, supermarkets and people have agreed to not eat as many swordfish, I still face overfishing in many parts of the world. It is also difficult to track and manage my population because I tend to swim across international borders.

1 comment:

Linda B. said...

I'm a swordfish too. Look at that, a match made in heaven.